Monday, April 9, 2012

HELPING HAND- APRIL 2012- NICOLAS PEREZ

WRITTEN BY IRIS
HELPING HAND RECIPIENT:  Nicolas Perez is a 37 year old man with special needs. He was born with growth problem but is fully capable of understanding all that is going on around him. Nicolas resides with his 68 year old mother, Virginia. It is painful to see Nicolas struggle but it was an unforgettable and heartwarming moment to hear him communicate and smile.

HELPING HAND NEED: Nicolas and Virginia share a bed, but this bed it more than uncomfortable with no mattress on the bed. Virginia simply just needed a mattress. We also bought Virginia a supply of food to help with her small business where she sells fried banana slices.

THOUGHTS FROM VIRGINIA:   Virginia immediately started crying when we asked her thoughts on the mattress and food. “My only concern is to see that my son has enough to eat and that he is doing ok, I felt bad because I could not give him a comfortable place where he can sleep ... thank you for this help, thank you for the food and helping my business. I am already an old lady and I have fear to leaving my son alone someday, I work so I can have an account for him so the help to my business goes so far. Thank you and God bless you for help my little angel Nicolas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment